HVAA Intramural Soccer Important Dates
- Saturday, August 18th – In-House Evaluations at the HVAA Turf Field at Valley Center Park, 445 Red Lion Road, Huntingdon Valley, PA
10am – Junior League (Grades 1-2)
11am – Intermediate League (Grades 3,4,5)
12pm – Senior League (Boys Grades 6-8, Girls Grades 6-8)
- Thursday, September 6th – Coaches Meeting/Turf Field Care and Responsibility Training
- Monday, September 10th thru Friday September 14th – Team Practices start
- Saturday, September 15th – In-House Soccer Opening Day
- Saturday, September 29th – HVAA Soccer Picture Day
- Saturday, November 10th and Sunday November 11th – Playoffs/Championship Weekend for In-House Soccer (weather permitting)
HVAA soccer intramural programs are open to kids from 3 to 18 years of age as of 9/1/18 and is played in the fall. The season begins in September and ends in November.
- Micro Soccer (age 3, 4 or 5 by 9/1/18; Grade Preschool-Kindergarten)
- Junior League (Age must be 6 or 7 by 9/1/18; Grades 1-2)
- Intermediate League (Age must be 8, 9 or 10 by 9/1/18; Grades 3-5)
- Senior League (Age must be 11, 12 or 13 by 9/1/18; Grades 6-8)
HVAA's program divides the kids into 4 leagues.
Micro Soccer: This is a co-ed program for kids ages 3 - 5 and is played on a smaller, modified field with 3 or 4 kids per side. There are no goalies and the sessions are 1 hour on Saturday mornings. The program is guided by the Lower Moreland HS Girl’s Soccer team and coaches.
Junior League: For kids ages 6 and 7 (1st – 2nd) and is played 6 a side (6 v 6) with set teams, coaches and referees on a small sided field. Boys and girls play in different leagues with a size 3 soccer ball. Participation trophies are awarded.
Intermediate League: For kids ages 8, 9 and 10 (3rd-5th) and is played 8 a side (8 v 8) with set teams, coaches and referees on a regulation size field. Boys and girls play in different leagues with a size 4 soccer ball. Trophies are awarded for league champions and finalists.
Senior League: For kids ages 11 through 13 (6th – 8th) and is played 8 a side (8 v 8) with set teams, coaches and referees on a regulation size field. Boys and girls play in different leagues with a size 5 soccer ball.
HVAA depends on volunteer coaches to assist with the running of our sports. With each season, we seek motivated, conscientious volunteers to assist us with the task of coaching our players. The success of the leagues depends on our volunteer coaches and assistants.
HVAA depends on volunteer coaches to assist with the running of our soccer leagues. HVAA is looking for volunteers to help coach our in-house soccer Junior, Intermediate and Senior leagues. You can request to coach a team when you register your child in his/her league during the online registration process.
We do appreciate the offer of all parents and interested individuals that offer to coach for HVAA. However it isn't always possible to accept all of the volunteers that we get. Please don't be discouraged if we can't accommodate your request to assist us each and every season. Our goal is as always to provide the best coaching staff that we can to each and every team. Click HERE for detailed instructions on how to apply for the clearances needed to coach/train for HVAA.
Our Coaches Committee has been tasked selecting the best of the volunteers, and then providing them with guidance and resources to increase their value to our programs. These checks will be strictly voluntary, but we will not select coaches for our activities that have not agreed to these measures. HVAA is committed to providing a safe and rewarding atmosphere for our players, and will begin conducting background checks on our volunteers to insure that this goal is achieved.
Thank you for supporting HVAA. Please send any questions to email@example.com.