COACHES CODE OF ETHICAL CONDUCT
- I will place the emotional and physical well being of my players ahead of a personal desire to win.
- I will treat each player as an individual, remembering the large range of emotional and physical development for the same age group.
- I will do my best to provide a safe playing situation for my players.
- I will do my best to organize practices that are fun and challenging for all my players.
- I will lead by example in demonstrating fair play and sportsmanship to all my players.
- I will provide a sports environment for my team that is free of drugs, tobacco, and alcohol, and I will refrain from their use at all youth sports events.
- I will be knowledgeable in the rules of each sport that I coach, and I will teach these rules to my players.
- I will use those coaching techniques appropriate for each of the skills that I teach.
- I will remember that I am a youth sports coach, and that the game is for children and not adults.
- To provide accurate personal background information to HVAA.
- To get needed training, attend all HVAA clinics.
- To understand your role and influence as a coach.
- To abide by a code of ethics.
- To be an advocate of HVAA philosophy.
- To set expectations for the season, including but not limited to the following:
- publish game and practice schedules
- notify absent players of changes to original game/practice schedules
- distribute picture, fundraising and other information
- get everyone to attend team pictures
- return completed rating sheets and all issued equipment cleaned and ready for use within stated time frame.
- To look at the special needs of each athlete.
- To limit physical interaction while conducting instructions.
- To keep games/practices free from put-downs, trash talk and profanity.
- To motivate with praise and provide positive reinforcement.
- To not use physical punishment.
- To learn effective ways to channel frustrations and anger.
- To communicate respectfully to parents, athletes, officials, commissioners and directors.
- To provide a safe and fun environment.
PARENTS’ CODE OF ETHICAL CONDUCT
- I hereby pledge to provide positive support, care, and encouragement for my child participating in HVAA by following this Parent’s Code of Ethical Conduct.
- I will encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches, and officials at every game, practice, or other HVAA event.
- I will place the emotional and physical well-being of my child ahead of a personal desire to win.
- I will insist that my child play in a safe and healthy environment.
- I will support coaches and officials working with my child, in order to encourage a positive and enjoyable experience for all.
- I will demand a sports environment for my child that is free of drugs, tobacco, and alcohol, and will refrain from their use at all HVAA events.
- I will remember that the game is for youth-not for adults.
- I will do my best to make HVAA sports fun for my child.
- I will ask my child to treat other players, coaches, fans, and officials, with respect regardless of race, sex, creed, or ability.
- I promise to help my child enjoy the youth sports experience by doing whatever I can, such as being a respectable fan, assisting with coaching, or providing transportation.
PLAYERS’ CODE OF ETHICAL CONDUCT
- I hereby pledge to be positive about my HVAA experience and accept responsibility for my participation by following this Players’ Code of Ethical Conduct Pledge.
- I will encourage good sportsmanship from fellow players, coaches, officials and parents at every game and practice by demonstrating good sportsmanship.
- I will attend every game and practice that I can, and will notify my coach if I cannot.
- I will do my very best to listen and learn from my coaches.
- I will treat my coaches, other players, officials and fans with respect regardless of race, sex, creed, or abilities and I will expect to be treated accordingly.
- I deserve to have fun during my sports experience and will alert parents or coaches if it stops being fun!
- I deserve to play in an environment that is free of drugs, tobacco, and alcohol and expect adults to refrain from their use at all HVAA sports events.
- I will encourage my parents to be involved with my team in some capacity because it’s important to me.
- I will do my very best in school.
- I will remember that sport is an opportunity to learn and have fun.