Code of Conduct
To organize sports and activities for the youth of the community. Through these activities, teach all children to become better athletes, competitors, and citizens as they develop.
COACHES CODE OF ETHICAL CONDUCT
- I will place the emotional and physical well being of my players ahead of a personal desire to win.
- I will treat each player as an individual, remembering the large range of emotional and physical development for the same age group.
- I will do my best to provide a safe playing situation for my players.
- I will do my best to organize practices that are fun and challenging for all my players.
- I will lead by example in demonstrating fair play and sportsmanship to all my players.
- I will provide a sports environment for my team that is free of drugs, tobacco, and alcohol, and I will refrain from their use at all youth sports events.
- I will be knowledgeable in the rules of each sport that I coach, and I will teach these rules to my players.
- I will use those coaching techniques appropriate for each of the skills that I teach.
- I will remember that I am a youth sports coach, and that the game is for children and not adults.
- To have support from the HVAA Board of Directors.
- To know what is expected of me.
- To have a fair complaint procedure: Commissioner, Director, Discipline committee.
- To have ample opportunities for training on child abuse in sports.
- To provide accurate personal background information to HVAA.
- To get needed training, attend all HVAA clinics.
- To understand your role and influence as a coach.
- To abide by a code of ethics.
- To be an advocate of HVAA philosophy.
- To set expectations for the season, including but not limited to the following:
- publish game and practice schedules
- notify absent players of changes to original game/practice schedules
- distribute picture, fundraising and other information
- get everyone to attend team pictures
- return completed rating sheets and all issued equipment cleaned and ready for use within stated time frame.
- To look at the special needs of each athlete.
- To limit physical interaction while conducting instructions.
- To keep games/practices free from put-downs, trash talk and profanity.
- To motivate with praise and provide positive reinforcement.
- To not use physical punishment.
- To learn effective ways to channel frustrations and anger.
- To communicate respectfully to parents, athletes, officials, commissioners and directors.
- To provide a safe and fun environment.
PARENTS’ CODE OF ETHICAL CONDUCT
- I hereby pledge to provide positive support, care, and encouragement for my child participating in HVAA by following this Parent’s Code of Ethical Conduct.
- I will encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches, and officials at every game, practice, or other HVAA event.
- I will place the emotional and physical well-being of my child ahead of a personal desire to win.
- I will insist that my child play in a safe and healthy environment.
- I will support coaches and officials working with my child, in order to encourage a positive and enjoyable experience for all.
- I will demand a sports environment for my child that is free of drugs, tobacco, and alcohol, and will refrain from their use at all HVAA events.
- I will remember that the game is for youth-not for adults.
- I will do my best to make HVAA sports fun for my child.
- I will ask my child to treat other players, coaches, fans, and officials, with respect regardless of race, sex, creed, or ability.
- I promise to help my child enjoy the youth sports experience by doing whatever I can, such as being a respectable fan, assisting with coaching, or providing transportation.
PLAYERS’ CODE OF ETHICAL CONDUCT
- I hereby pledge to be positive about my HVAA experience and accept responsibility for my participation by following this Players’ Code of Ethical Conduct Pledge.
- I will encourage good sportsmanship from fellow players, coaches, officials and parents at every game and practice by demonstrating good sportsmanship.
- I will attend every game and practice that I can, and will notify my coach if I cannot.
- I will do my very best to listen and learn from my coaches.
- I will treat my coaches, other players, officials and fans with respect regardless of race, sex, creed, or abilities and I will expect to be treated accordingly.
- I deserve to have fun during my sports experience and will alert parents or coaches if it stops being fun!
- I deserve to play in an environment that is free of drugs, tobacco, and alcohol and expect adults to refrain from their use at all HVAA sports events.
- I will encourage my parents to be involved with my team in some capacity because it’s important to me.
- I will do my very best in school.
- I will remember that sport is an opportunity to learn and have fun.