REQUIRED COACHING CLEARANCES
HVAA depends on volunteer coaches and additional volunteers to assist with the running of our sports. With each season, we seek motivated, conscientious volunteers to assist us with the task of coaching our players. The success of the leagues depends on our volunteer coaches, assistants, and team managers. All volunteers in PA must satisfy the requirements of the PA ACT 15 for child abuse screening/criminal background checks. Clearances will expire every 5 years and can be renewed 3 months before they expire.
Please follow the steps outlined below to coach and volunteer at HVAA.
A. Get your clearances! There are 4 that you need:
1. PA CHILD ABUSE
Submit an online application at https://www.compass.state.pa.us/cwis/public/home and your results will take 2-3 weeks to be processed and mailed to you. You can also access the results or status of your application online. Download the report to your computer files. Save the expiration in your personal calendar.
2. PA CRIMINAL CHECK
Submit an online application at https://epatch.state.pa.us/Home.jsp and receive your results immediately. Download the report to your computer files. Save the expiration in your personal calendar.
3. SIGNED DISCLOSURE STATEMENT APPLICATION FOR VOLUNTEERS OR FBI BACKGROUND FINGERPRINT CHECK
If you have lived in Pennsylvania for the past 10 years…The volunteer must affirm their 10-year Pennsylvania residency by signing the Volunteer Affirmation sheet. This affidavit needs to include the volunteer's signature and a witness' signature. Click here now for the affidavit volunteer document.
If you have NOT lived in Pennsylvania for the past 10 years…FBI Criminal History Background Check with Fingerprinting complete the following requirement.
First, you are required to pre-enroll with IdentoGo. Before you go to an IdentoGo site to get your fingerprinting done, you must pre-enroll via their website.
To Pre-Enroll for your FBI Fingerprint Clearance on the IdentoGo website:
- Click here to go to the IdentoGo website.
- You will be prompted to enter a Service Code to get started. Enter code 1KG6ZJ, which indicates that you are being fingerprinted for volunteering at HVAA.
- Click on “Schedule or Manage Appointment.”
- Click “Yes” to acknowledge that you are getting fingerprinted in order to volunteer and not for employment purposes.
- Fill in your Essential Information, Additional Information, Citizenship Information, Personal Questions, Personal Information, Mailing Address, and Documents.
Once you are done pre-enrolling, you must find an IdentoGo site and schedule a time to get your fingerprinting done.
- After you have finished successfully pre-enrolling, you must schedule an appointment to be fingerprinted at one of the IdentoGo sites. Click here to search for sites.
- For your appointment, make sure to bring the necessary identification to confirm your identity and a form of payment. IdentoGo locations accept business check, money order, or credit card.
*Effective October 31, 2022 you can receive your results electronically. Click here to learn more.
For questions about the FBI fingerprint clearances, contact the FBI Background Check Unit at 717-783-6211 or 1-877-371-5422. For IDEMIA registration, processing, or billing questions, please contact IDEMIA/IdentoGo at 1-844-321-2101.
4. CONCUSSION ONLINE TRAINING
All volunteers at HVAA should know how to prevent and spot a concussion. Complete a 30-minute online training course at the CDC's Concussion Heads Up webpage and receive your certificate of completion.
B. Once you have all your clearances in PDF or JPG form, you can take the steps to upload them and submit them to HVAA.
Effective November 1, 2022, HVAA will be using a new secure platform where coaches and volunteers will upload their clearances at https://www.emailmeform.com/builder/emf/HVAA_Clearances/volunteers. We are using this new service to monitor and track all coach and volunteer clearances. It only takes a few minutes to upload your clearances and this last step is mandatory. Make sure you have individual files in PDF or JPG format. These files need to be separate uploads.
Click here now to upload your clearances at HVAA.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Click here for PA volunteer FAQs.
Have questions or need support, email us at email@example.com today!